Rootstock Author Publicity
& Promotion Services
We not only grow our books in Montpelier, Vermont, but we support our authors with an entire menu of promotion, marketing and publicity efforts. For authors who partner with us as their publisher, these support services run the full gamut from editing and design to promotion, advertising and social media support, and are included in our two different levels of partnerships with authors.
Working with Select Authors Publishing with Other Presses and Those Who Self-Publish
Because of our over 30 years of experience producing and supporting music and book projects, we now offer our skills and expertise directly to authors who are publishing elsewhere but who wish to acquire professional promotional services to support their work.
If you are working with another small publisher or you intend to self-publish, we can support your book in many different ways, some of which are listed below.
Create an author/book website;
- Create a book page on Facebook;
- Support your efforts to promote and publicize your book through social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media platforms;
- Create your sell-sheet/tip sheet;
- Show you how to obtain your ISBN and LCCN;
- Assist you in attracting blurbs and reviews;
- Assist in creating your press kit;
- Write an effective press release;
- Advise you about possible advertisements and their costs;
- Set up and create your email database and email promotional campaigns;
- Create a snail-mail promotional campaign to specific audiences like bookstores and libraries;
- Show you how to target bookstores in your state, regionally or on a national scale;
- Provide alternatives and ways to obtain the most effective online eBook selling presence;
- Recommend awards entries;
- Recommend possible conventions and trade shows to attend or, if you are on a shoe-string budget, ask us to represent you when we attend some of these conventions.
Contact us and we will devise a set of support services for you and your book, according to your needs and budget.
Some authors we've worked with:
Rickey Gard Diamond / Screwnomics, Whole Worlds Could Pass Away
Linda Gartz / Redlined: A Memoir of Race, Change, and Fractured Community in 1960s Chicago
Laurie Forest / The Black Witch
Bernie Lambek / Uncivil Liberties
Grammy-award Winners Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer / Sing to Your Baby/Cantale a Tu Bebe
Rick Winston / Red Scare in the Green Mountains
Mary Dingee Fillmore / An Address in Amsterdam
Tuvia Feldman / Fly With A Murder of Crows
Eva Zimet / Lucy Dancer
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings & Victor Company of Japan, Ltd. -- Co-Production and Coordination of Editorial Board for The JVC Video Anthology of World Music and Dance -- A 9 book, 30 DVD volume collection
Multicultural Media Inc. Project Coordination and support for several book/DVD and book/CD projects